Sometimes you may see vROPs web UI hang, keep on “Loading”, or no responding to any click. It because you are using vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 or earlier version, and your computer is touch screen.
There are two ways to fix that:
- Disable touch screen hardware in Device Manager. The device name usually is “HID-compliant touch screen” under “Human Interface Device“
- If you are using Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome and browse chrome://flags.
- Find “Touch Events API” and disable it.
Regular Expression also calls Regexp. There are two classes regular expressions: Basic Regexp (BRE) and Extended Regexp (ERE). Regexp should be put in double quotation marks.
It can be categorized to:
. – Can be any character.
Sample: #cat /etc/fstab | grep "U..D"
It returns the lines contains U, D and whatever 2 characters between its.
 – Any specified single character.
Sample: #cat /etc/fstab | grep "U[UAB]ID"
It returnes the lines contains U, I, D and U or A or B.
[^] – Any character except specified single character.
Sample: #cat /etc/fstab | grep "[^AB]ID"
It returnes the lines contains I and D but no A or B in left.
[[:digit:]] – All digital characters.
[[:lower:]] – All lower case characters.
[[:upper:]] – All upper case characters.
[[:alpha:]] – All alphabet characters.
[[:alnum:]] – All alphnumeric characters.
[[:space:]] – All space.
[[:print:]] – All visible characters and space.
[[:blank:]] – Space and tab.
[[:punct:]] – Punctuation and symbols.
When you install vSphere Client 5.x on Windows 10 computer. You may see “Enable .net 3.5 failed” message. And when you try to enable .Net 3.5 on Windows 10 manually, it shows error code 0x800f081f.
This issue occures on internet blocked or policy restricted computer. The only way to avoid that is use command line to specific .Net local path and force install it.
- Mount the Windows 10 ISO to your computer as a new drive.
- Copy the path of “xxx:\sources\sxs“.
- Run the following command.
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /limitaccess /source:xxx:\sources\sxs
Older UCS Manager uses Java application. The UI fonts could be extremely small on high DPI screen. The fix is:
- Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin“.
- Go to “Properties” of “jp2launcher.exe“.
- “Compatibility” tab -> “Change high DPI settings“.
- Check “Override high DPI scaling behavior….“.
- Select “System (Enhanced)” or “System“.