You may see following errors in ‘info’ category of error messages in the Cisco UCS Manager after upgrading infrastructure firmware to 3.2.x.
“x/xx on FI-A is connected by a unknown server device”
This is bug documented in CSCvk76095. You have to reset the port on FI to fix it.
- Go to “Equipment” in Cisco UCS Manager.
- Go to “Fabric Interconnects” -> Go to the corresponding FI.
- Right-click the port x/xx -> Choose “Disable“.
- You will see multiple major faults. Wait for 5 seconds.
- Right click the port x/xx -> Choose “Enable“.
- All warnings disappeared after 5 mins. You may still see the warning in GUI due to cache. Relogin and check.
This change impacts to one link between IOM and the FI port. You need downtime if the IOM only has a single path. I don’t see any impact to ESXi blades in the pod.