I wrote an article talk about how to find out which services lockout domain accounts on vCenter Server. It only applies to the scenarios that domain accounts very frequently lockout. Like every 1 second. If it’s minutes, it will be hard to find out as it’s manually processing.
The other way to identify source is to use vSphere Web Client. The trick was told by VMware BCS team.
Log in to vSphere Web Client. Go to the main page and the Events node. Search for “authen” you may see some error events. The real source is red text.
User CONTOSO\firstname.lastname@example.org .....
I wrote an article about how to manage Windows Server 2016 TP remotely. Today I had some spare time to re-build my lab environment by the latest release of Windows Server 2016 Core. It’s easy to remotely manage a Windows Server in a domain, but a trick for workgroup Windows Server. Following is an improved procedure.
One Windows Server 2016 Core
- Run sconfig command on Windows Server 2016 Core.
- Go to Configure Remote Management – Enable Remote Management to enable remote management.
- Then enable responding to ping in same page.
- Enable NetBIOS protocol on the firewall by PowerShell.
Set-NetFirewallRule -Name FPS-NB_Name-In-UDP -Enabled True
Set-NetFirewallRule -Name FPS-NB_Name-Out-UDP -Enabled True
One client Windows 10
- Install Remote Server Administration Tools on the client Windows 10.
- Reboot the client.
- Open “Server Manager“.
- Add the Windows Server 2016 Core machine by IP address.
- Go to “All Servers” in “Server Manager“.
- Right-click the newly added server – “Managed As…“.
- Enter the administrator credential of the target server. Format is “workgroup/Administrator”. For example, my workgroup is “DC”, so the account is “dc/Administrator”.
mRemoteNG is a very nice fork of open source remote tools. It supports multi-protocol. The official website says:
mRemoteNG supports the following protocols:
RDP (Remote Desktop/Terminal Server)
VNC (Virtual Network Computing)
ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture)
SSH (Secure Shell)
Telnet (TELecommunication NETwork)
HTTP/HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
Raw Socket Connections
But one thing makes me frustrated is the mouse cursor disappeared randomly when I try select strings in browser or notepad in remote desktop. I use Windows 10, the issue doesn’t occur in Windows native remote desktop. I went through the bug list of mRemoteNG, and figured out it may be related to HiDPI of my screen.
Looks like no solution at this moment until 1.77 release. The workaround is the following:
- Right click desktop – Personalize – Themes.
- Click Mouse cursor.
- Change Scheme to Windows Black…